Wednesday 24 March 2010

Dirty

This book was bought for me as a Christmas present when I was perhaps 12 years old. It has the period-obligatory intro by Barry Sheene, but what caught my eye the most, amid the blatant Heron Suzuki product placement, was Sue. The book is a pretty good basic instruction manual and as Sue grew to thoroughly enjoy being dirty and her tool manipulation went from fumbling to competent, so my skills followed a similar trajectory. Though mainly under the covers by torchlight. Complications only became apparent in later years when just the sight of a Ram Air cylinder head would cause trouser havoc. I'm better now. MP

2 comments:

jack_z said...

Guido Bettiol, the book writer was a pretty famous journalist at 'moto journal' in France. he was a big fan from singles: that's the reason why a SR500 engine is on the cover.
he killed himself with his wife Claudine in the early 80's if I remember well...

bevelheadgreg@gmail.com said...

Brilliant - and not a screwdiver gag in sight