Saturday 21 May 2011

Killer Diller is Two

Killer Diller is a weekly radio show hosted by Sideburn's official DJ, Sir Johnny Alpha, and this week it's two years old. Killer Diller is the soundtrack of my life. What is it? A 90-minute mix of freakbeat, French yeh-yeh, sleazy tittyshakers, popcorn, surf instrumentals, 60s soul and R&B, doo-wop, garage punk, 70s and 80s punk and countless other genres I'd never heard of previously. It's all strung together with Sir Johnny's dulcet Wigan tones. He really let's the music do the talking, not like some of garage punk internet DJs and they're crap reverb soaked schtick. I love Killer Diller.
Listen or download at Sir Johnny Alpha or listen live to wirelesfm.net on Tuesday nights. If you like them, there are, well, about 100 to catch up on. G
Carol Doda Photo: Leadpipe Posters

3 comments:

Bubble Visor said...

yes! me like so much, thanks

Nick said...

Don't know anything about the music, but love it, thanks Gary for putting it on to me

Nick said...

Or should I have said, Thanks for putting me on to it