Friday 1 July 2011

Not Amman Valley

I didn't get to the Amman Valley race. I was tied up doing what I call work for a living. Thursday I rode five hours to North Devon. Lovely. Then...
Then, rode via the Pippa and Ike Show in Bristol to meet Tom Shed Brewed for a great ride around South Wales.Next was two days on the brilliant BMW Off-Road School repeatedly crashing a GS1200 without anyone even mentioning it. This was a steep hill. I needed two attempts. (Photo: Peter Gray)
And riding through water so deep it went over the cylinders. I can't stop thinking about second hand GS1200s now. I'll get over it.
Ross Noble called in for breakfast on his way home from the Welsh Two-Day Enduro.
Followed by a family day out to watch the Mexican wrestling in London. My kids with Blue Demon Jr. So, that's why I didn't make Amman Valley. G

8 comments:

OUTTACONTROLLA said...

Great excuse , gotta pack those weekends wiv stuff !
#59

Nick said...

Nice shot looking down on Porlock Weir and Hurlestone Point, did you have a Styles ice cream from the van, and you should have called in for a coffee on the way through Porlock, hope you enjoyed my private bike playground, got my own TT course with variations over the moor, all the best and call in next time

Guy@GK said...

As you say, call that work?

Paul said...

Great work if you can get it :-)

Anonymous said...

gary you truly are livin the dream!.
im a nice shade of kwak green readin that.
mind you, we had it good 2!!.

Mick P said...

Come on Gary, that's you on the left with Blue Demon Jnr.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Nick, I'm sorry. It didn't even click. I have a lot of addresses in my head. I rode cross-country thinking of how many people I knew who I could call in on and I'd still be trying to get to Devon now if I stopped at the all. Next time...
Guy, yep, the hardest bit was convincing them to use me in the first place.
Mick, no, I AM Blue Demon Jr
GI

User.One said...

Was a good ride. Always a pleasure.