Thursday 28 June 2012

Can you spell that please, sir?

I refer to this book a lot for my day job. It has the results of every 125, 250, 500 and MotoGP race from 1949 to 2008 all printed on paper like that of a Gideon Bible. Plus there are a ton of other details to cross reference as well, like the results of every particular rider and manufacturer and all sorts. I get lost in it.
I was looking for details of the mighty KR211V, Kenny Roberts' Honda-V5 powered MotoGP bike for the 2006 season (bottom) when I spotted this Swiss rider, who came sixth in the 1951 Swiss GP. Made me smile, anyway. G

PS There is no Swiss GP any more due to the country banning virtually every form of motorsport after the Le Mans tragedy of 1955. Every day's a school day at the Sideburn blog.

KR Jr leads KR Sr, both riding KR211Vs. This is the bike with the British made chassis and HRC V5 that scored podiums (and should've won the Portuguese GP) in 2006. The last non-factory or non-satellite premier class GP bike to have any kind of success.

3 comments:

Tomfoolery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomfoolery said...

Fantastic book, referred to mine only last night to see when Americans had won 500GP/MotoGP championships.

'Unknown' wtf?

Mick P said...

I like to think that our Swiss friend teamed up with Dick Klamfoth on occasion.